Call us anytime
Our staff are always available to answer any questions you might have.
How Far Is It From Dublin ?
Portlaoise is located approximately 45 minutes from Citywest. Bellingham is located on the Dublin Road with immediate access to the motorway. There are no traffic lights between Bellingham and the M50.
What transport links are available in Portlaoise?
Portlaoise is located at the centre of the motorway network. The Dublin-Cork and the Dublin-Limerick motorways intersect in Portlaoise and, currently, you can travel from your new home onto the motorway and from there journey (by motorway) to Belfast, Cork, Limerick or Galway.
Trains travel regularly to Dublin and Cork from Portlaoise; timetables are available on www.irishrail.ie. Bellingham is just a six-minute drive from the train station.
Buses travel daily on hourly schedules from Portlaoise to Dublin. For timetables, visit:
The main bus stop in Portlaoise is located in front of the library on James Fintan Lalor Avenue.
The Red Cow ‘Park and Ride’ facility is only a 50-minute drive from Bellingham.
What facilities/amenities are located in Portlaoise town?
Portlaoise is the capital town of Laois and offers a host of facilities, services and amenities.
• Roll ‘n’ Bowl bowling alley and entertainment centre
• Storm cinema
• Numerous pubs and night clubs
• Four-star Heritage Hotel
• Town Parks, on the Timahoe Road and Ridge Road
• Nearby the Grand Canal in the picturesque village of Vicarstown and the scenic beauty and walks of the fabulous Slieve Bloom mountains, also renowned for its traditional culture and story telling festivals.
• Live concerts/events in Sky Venue
• Dunamaise Theatre and Arts Centre
• Internet cafés
• For children and teenagers there are well established drama groups, youth clubs and a highly rated Laois School of Music
• Of course Portlaoise is only 5 minutes away from the world renowned Electric Picnic festival in the nearby village of Stradbally
• Portlaoise Leisure Centre
• FAI Centre of Excellence for budding soccer stars
• Portlaoise GAA – catering for football, hurling and camogie
• Portlaoise Rugby Club
• Portlaoise Soccer Club
• Portlaoise also caters for a range of alternative and minority sports. It has a thriving Trinity Triathlon club, four indoor swimming pools, all-weather pitches, basketball and boxing clubs, a full range equestrian pursuits and even a surf club!!
• The nearby Rivers Nore and Barrow as well as the Grand Canal are an angler’ paradise.
How many schools are in the area?
Bellingham is located close to the new Portlaoise College . Two new multi-million second level schools on a shared campus are fully complete. For a complete list, please ask our sales team.
What amenities exist nearby?
Bellingham is located on the Moutrath Road just a minute from J18 off the M7 mororway. There are both Primary and Secondary schools just a minutes drive away. Portlaoise town centre and all the amenities it has to offer are within easy reach.
Where are the crèches located?
A crèche exists within a few minutes walk. For a complete list, please ask our sales team.
What are the maintenance and management fees?
There are no management fees at present on this development
What parking facilities are available?
Each property in Bellingham comes with it’s own designated parking space(s). Parking for the Holly house type is provided for via carport.
Who maintains the green space?
The builder will maintain the open spaces until the development is taken in charge by the County Council.
About The House
Are homes block-built or timber-frame construction?
The houses are built using proven concrete block construction with dense insulation and achieve superb insulation values.
What BER rating does the house have?
All houses achieve a ‘B’ rating in Bellingham.
Is the house well insulated?
All houses are certified to achieve a ‘B’ BER Rating. A BER certificate will be issued for your new home to confirm this. The houses are insulated using high density insulation and are very cost effective to run.
How much tiling is done in the bathroom?
Tiling in the bathroom and in the ensuite covers the floor and the walls from floor to ceiling.
Will noise travel from one house to another?
Noise reduction measures have been taken to minimise noise transfer. Party walls have been plastered and insulation has been installed to minimise noise transfer. 225mm solid blocks have been built between houses and our houses pass noise test inspections, just ask anybody living there.
How are houses heated?
Mains gas is supplied and fitted to an A-Rated modern modulating and condenser boiler to obtain 90.4% efficiency.
About The Developers
What previous schemes have the developers completed fully?
ONS are the biggest and best builder in Laois. To date, the company has completed Fairgreen Village, Portlaoise (500 houses), with a pub, crèche, shops, restaurants and offices, as well as the Esker Hills (500 houses) development.recently the Company has completed Phase 1 of Bellingham, on the Mountrath Road, Portlaoise.
The developments have been sold out and Laois County Council has taken Fairgreen Village, Esker Hills and Bellingham (Phase 1) in charge.